Wednesday, February 13, 2008

GTD: Collection List 1(A grad students List )

I did it ... I sat down in the library for about an hour without any one distracting me. It took than less than hour to collect most of the stuff that was buzzing around in my head. When I finished the stressed out feeling that had been plaguing me reduced quite a bit it felt like the first time you come up for air after diving into the water. My list had about 47 points and it will grow to a bit more I think. Now I just need to organize them into some order like the book said.
The interesting fact is that I have tried this procedure before but it didn't work like it did this time, It must have to do with the fact that I tried to collect organise and process everything at the same time. Its astounding how the obvious things in life sometimes escape us. I think David Allen should get a prize for directing so many to the right path.

As a undergrad in his second year I cant begin to say how helpful this system can be , and the best part is that it doesn't take that long because as students we still have a manageable set of responsibilities. I wish I had found this system when I was in my first year ..

No comments: