Thursday, July 17, 2008

My journey into GTD - Stall

What plans I had of implementing the system during my semester end. My aim was to harness GTD to make my life easier while preparing for my exams. Alas as the saying goes
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go astray
my plans failed to take off in the face of the various activities that came up during the period in question. I did take away a valuable lesson from this; if you are going to get organized, do not try to do it at the end of some work period even if the guru's out there assure you that it is feasible to do so. This reminds me of the words my mum was constantly drilling into me while I was growing up, which were "Never leave anything for the last minute" and "Preparation is success in its early stages".
After this setback I have gone back to the drawing board, I have since decide to use my one year of industrial placement to fully understand and implement GTD. I do not know if anyone will read this , But my plan is to dedicate a day of the week to update each of my blogs and have another day for tweaking their design etc.
If anyone does see this, feed back is welcome

1 comment:

dannielo said...

For implementing GTD you might try out this new web-based application:

http://www.gtdagenda.com

You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
A mobile version is available too.

Hope you like it.